PL Taylor Electrical Services has an unequivocal policy on overcharging – we won't tolerate it under any circumstances. Any operative disregarding our policy will be dismissed.
We rely on the recommendations of satisfied customers, so it is vital that we charge correctly and fairly for our work. Customers come back to us repeatedly because of the trust between us.
If any of our customers feel we have not met the high standards we aspire to, we would like them to make us aware of the problem. If you feel our operatives have not met any of the following criteria, please contact us.
- only charge for time spent at a job and the number of hours worked. Our vehicles are fitted with data-tracking systems so times can be verified;
- do not charge the customer for any more than 45 minutes when collecting materials, unless agreed with customer;
- do not charge an excessive trade mark-up on materials;
- do not charge for two tradesmen on two-handed work unless necessary – an apprentice or labourer will be used wherever possible;
- do not charge for non-work-related phone calls, or engage in them during working time;
- do not charge for tea and lunch breaks;
- do not charge for unnecessary time spent away from the job, and always keep the customer informed when leaving the job;
- do not charge for any wasted or unnecessary time when undertaking your work;
- make sure that we work a full 8-hour day when on a day rate;
- do not carry out any unnecessary work;
- do not talk customers into any work that is not needed;
- do not overcharge customers under any circumstances.